Careers at REACH
Fully remote since the beginning, the REACH Strategies team places a high value on creating a diverse and supportive work environment in which team members feel empowered to pursue their passions on the job and in all aspects of their lives. At the same time, REACH team members strive to exceed client expectations, and as a boutique firm, we are always on the lookout for industrious team members eager to collaborate to create exceptional work.
Even when REACH Strategies is not explicitly hiring we encourage you to share your resume and cover letter with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
REACH Strategies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Passionate about change?
- Eager to see results?
- Want to be part of the cause that changes the world for the better?
- Are you organized and driven?
- Are you able to learn and adapt to new challenges?
- Are you a good communicator?
- Are you able to depict someone else’s vision clearly like it was your own?
- Read what our CEO, Kirk Brown, has to say about applying to REACH.
No current open positions. Please check back with us at a later time.
Current Open Positions
REACH Strategies is offering a great opportunity to join a growing agency operating in the progressive social change space. We are looking for team members with a demonstrated agency/client management background that can grow with our team and develop and lead campaigns around the country.
Our focus areas include the environment with a particular emphasis on clean energy and electric vehicles. We provide an excellent work environment and a strong emphasis on personal development and learning. You will work remotely from an agreed-upon location of your choosing.
REACH Strategies helps the world’s leading companies, foundations, government agencies and non-profit organizations reach their social change goals by developing data-driven communications, campaigns, and strategic plans. We then help our partners execute those plans, conceiving and implementing tightly-linked outreach and engagement strategies designed to win in today’s world. We work across four mutually-reinforcing arenas:
We deploy a range of data-driven approaches to set outreach strategies that will help our partners reach their goals. We work with established and emerging major foundations, individual philanthropists, government agencies, and non-profits to develop a wide range of communications, campaign, organizational development, and business plans.
Our experience design team develops engagement campaigns that create deep, life-changing and affirming user experiences. We help people gain first hand experience with the diverse, equitable and sustainable world we are helping foster with our work.
From deep strategy work on leveraging the right mix of outreach tools to basic blocking and tackling to ensure that the most important work is completed, our campaign team ensures that our partners make steady progress towards their goals. We deploy a suite of custom-designed project management and monitoring tools to mark progress and support course corrections.
To scaffold our event support, we design and deliver data-rich results. This data is a result of custom design, analysis, and reporting for partners to strengthen proof points and keep an eye on industry trends. We produce reports for each event that capture success metrics, identify areas of improvement, and inform future event and communication approaches.
Operations Associate | Marin CA Area (Hybrid)
REACH Strategies is offering a great opportunity to join a growing agency operating in the progressive social change space. We are looking for a part-time Operations Associate with a demonstrated agency operations background that can grow with our team as we develop and lead campaigns around the country.
REACH Strategies offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This is a remote, work-from-home position; successful candidates will be located within driving distance of San Rafael and Mill Valley, CA. This part-time position is offered at a range of $25-$30 per hour for up to 20 hours per week depending on skills and experience. Minimal travel may be required for team support with consideration for public health and safety guidelines and protocols.
- Job Title: Operations Associate
- Job Type: Part Time
- Location: Marin CA Area (Hybrid)
- Compensation: DOE
Summary of Position
As the Operations Associate, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of operations and administrative activities as requested. Activities will include but are not limited to sourcing and purchasing materials, booking travel, administration of digital platforms, and supervising inventories and management of various material storage facilities. Additional tasks include administrative support to the REACH Directors and CEO. This position is an excellent opportunity for an operations and administrative professional who is looking for the flexibility a part-time remote role offers. If you are a self-starter looking to be part of a high-functioning and fast-paced team this role is for you! A background check will be completed at time of job offer.
The candidate should possess creative drive and be able to articulate and document ideas to internal teams as well as external partners and stakeholders. The candidate should have experience managing communications campaigns, events, and ongoing initiatives and bring a sound understanding of campaign & engagement principles and associated measurement metrics. This position requires occasional travel and may require work outside of the traditional work day/week.
This is an important role in a growing organization and the ideal candidate will contribute to our overall effectiveness and efficiency. This role reports directly to the Associate Director, Finance and Operations.
- Travel to/from the office located in Mill Valley, CA as needed
- Track company material inventories
- Organize and manage a storage unit in San Rafael, CA
- Provide logistical support including booking travel, arranging meeting rooms, etc.
- Complete purchases of items/services as needed
- Refine and maintain digital filing system
- Support financial reporting including invoicing, budget tracking, and annual tax preparation
- Support HR processes including recruiting, employee onboarding and training, performance evaluation systems
- Support the maintenance of business operating requirements
- Administration of digital platforms
- Provide administrative support
- Ad hoc projects as required
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Self-starter with a get-it-done attitude that comes with a smile
- Commitment and passion to support everyone on our team
- Understanding of best practices for working remotely with a distributed team
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Clear communicator
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Mac/PC Proficient
- Harvest time-tracking
- Google Suite/Workspace
- Zoho Apps
- Project Management
Apply on Linkedin via the link below
Lead Communications Strategist | St. Louis Metro Area (Remote)
- Job Title: Lead Communications Strategist
- Job Type: Regular Full Time
- Location: St. Louis Metro Area (Remote)
- Compensation: $85,000-$100,000 DOE
Summary of Position
As the Lead Communications Strategist, you will serve as a “team lead” responsible for guiding and contributing to strategic communications and outreach projects using social media, digital platforms, and a range of educational materials that you will drive the creation of. This position will lead multiple client programs and is a wide-ranging role well-suited for an experienced leader and self-starter who likes to do a variety of content-rich, engaging work.
The candidate should possess creative drive and be able to articulate and document ideas to internal teams as well as external partners and stakeholders. The candidate should have experience managing communications campaigns, events, and bring a sound understanding of campaign & engagement principles and associated measurement metrics. This position requires occasional travel and may require work outside of the traditional work day/week.
- Provide strong leadership for team members to help develop their knowledge and understanding of communications campaigns
- Contribute to the refinement of REACH Strategies’ management tools and project management processes
- Effectively manage a virtual team dispersed across time zones using multiple online collaboration tools
- Leverage and maintain a comprehensive CRM database to best serve programmatic and organizational needs
- Manage multiple program budgets and work closely with the Finance Lead to responsibly distribute program resources and efforts
Growth and Development/Fundraising
- Develop strong client relationships to grow current programs
- Seek out and contribute to business development initiatives for REACH Strategies
Marketing and Communications
- Develop strategies and manage campaigns for multiple agency clients including public utilities, government agencies, and more
- Develop marketing and communications strategies to best position programs and clients
- Strategically assess and guide client communications programs
- Plan and deliver targeted communications campaigns using an appropriate suite of marketing tools
- Manage the creation of communications materials, including messaging, promotional materials, press releases, Q&As, and other collateral
- Contribute to the organizational marketing and communications efforts of REACH Strategies
- Manage multiple digital media platforms, including the management of websites, blogs, and multiple social media channels
- Liaise with and manage design, print teams, and suppliers
Engagement Programming and Events
- Develop, contribute to, and execute ongoing campaigns to grow electric vehicle adoption
- Design, conduct, analyze, and report market research and engagement statistics
- Design and lead multiple engagement initiatives across multiple states rooted in large-scale community events and online learning programs
- Track metrics and evaluate outreach programs to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of service
- Nurture relationships with external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze industry news and trends in regional, national, and trade media sources to inform approaches to programmatic and communication efforts
- Serve as point of contact for program partners, stakeholders, and clients, leveraging program management skills to efficiently and effectively maintain open communication and program progress
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 7-10 years of communications agency experience
- Minimum of 3 years event management experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience in business development and fundraising
- Interest in promoting electric vehicles and sustainable economic development nationally
- Ability to anticipate needs/issues and to execute sound decision-making
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and the ability to apply them to communications campaigns
- Demonstrated capacity for critical, independent, and creative thinking and strategy
- Self-motivated with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to handle a fast-paced environment and manage rapidly changing client-based priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strategic thinker, creative, and innovative
- Team player, willing to help others grow
- Proficiency with cloud-based collaboration tools
- Understanding of best practices for working remotely with a distributed team
- Demonstrated PR skills
- Ability to perform well in a virtual office and be highly productive while working in a remote setting
- Valid driver’s license
Software Experience (Preferred)
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Teams
- Zoho Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
Compensation and Location:
REACH Strategies offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary range for this position of $85-100K that is commensurate with skills and experience. This is a remote, work-from-home position though will require occasional in-person work; successful candidates will be located in the St. Louis area. Some travel will be required for program needs with consideration for public health and safety guidelines and protocols.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and two writing samples to Admin@reach-strategies.org with “Application: Lead Communications Strategist” in the subject line.
OR fill out our Contact form, select “interested in working for REACH” option
OR apply on Linkedin via the link below: